|New Lamb of God album Wrath, due Feb. 24.|
Lamb of God (from left): Willie Adler, Mark Morton, Randy Blythe, Chris Adler and John Campbell.
Jacksonians take heed: To celebrate the Feb. 24, 2009, release of fifth studio album Wrath, Lamb of God has created an “Escape the Plague” conte in which 100 randomly selected winners will each choose from a list of prizes posted on a special section of the Lamb of God website (www.Lamb-of-God.com).
It’ll go down like this: The contest site goes live at 12:01 a.m. EST on Feb. 24, 2009—the day the album is released. The first 100,000 copies of Wrath (CD, vinyl and deluxe editions) will include a card that will direct fans online to www.Lamb-of-God.com/escapetheplague. There, they’ll be instructed to enter codes listed on their cards and to answer three questions.
That’s it. The site will then randomly select 100 winners, all of whom will then be directed to a prize page to select their prizes. The site will automatically delete each prize as it is chosen until all 100 prizes are claimed.
“Escape the Plague” prizes include
- Two Jackson Mark Morton Dominion signature guitars.
- Two Jackson John Campbell signature basses.
- Two trips for two to see Lamb of God perform at a major U.K. festival in August.
- One barbecue at a winner’s home hosted by LoG vocalist Randy Blythe.
- One guitar lesson with Mark Morton.
- One guitar lesson with Willie Adler.
- One bass lesson with John Campbell.
- One Chris Adler drum kit with autographed snare drum.
- Five “golden laminates” good for entry at any Lamb of God show for a year.
- 25 autographed limited edition Wrath box sets including the CD, vinyl album and USB drive with bonus tracks.
- 10 winners will introduce the band onstage in their respective cities/towns.
- 20 winners will roadie for the band for a day in their respective cities/towns.
Lamb of God begins its North American Wrath tour April 2, 2009, in Phoenix, with special guests As I Lay Dying, Children of Bodom, God Forbid and Municipal Waste.